This pledge is only for people who have completed a Safe Zone training class with a representative from the Multicultural Resource Center (MRC) and should be submitted during or after the training. For upcoming Safe Zone trainings, please see the upcoming events calendar or call the MRC at 704-687-7121.
Safe Zone Program Pledge
As an Ally to the LGBTQ identified people at UNCC I make the following pledge:
- to educate myself and others about oppression, heterosexism, and homophobia.
- to challenge oppression, heterosexism, and homophobia.
- to be supportive and affirming of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- to honor the confidentiality of LGBTQ people who seek support.
- to provide others with access to information and resources on LGBTQ issues.
- to treat each person with the dignity and respect to which they are entitled.
- to understand my limitations and refer to other allies and resources when necessary.
- to speak up and take necessary action when I witness injustice on campus.
If, for any reason, I cannot meet the expectations of this contract, I will notify the Safe Zone program and ask for my name to be removed from the Ally list on the MRC website.