The Safe Zone Program is here to…
• Raise the cultural competence of Faculty/Staff at the University to include more knowledge of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning population.
• Provide assistance to an often marginalized student group through visible support.
• Educate the student population on the issues and concerns facing the LGBTQ community.
• Refer students to appropriate campus and non-campus resources for issues and concerns.
• Retain LGBTQ students at the University through assistance and visible support.
The Safe Zone Program is NOT here to…
• Force any individual or group to become “Allies.”
• Take a political stand or support any individual candidates or parties both inside and outside the University.
• Change any individuals’ personal, spiritual, or religious beliefs.
• Recruit or change individuals who identify as “heterosexual.”