The Friendly Peer Training Program provides basic information about the queer and trans community. The goal is for students to walk away with a better understanding of the queer and trans population, find resources on campus for queer and trans students, and ultimately to be a better, more friendly peer. All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome.
- Increase knowledge of Queer terminology.
- Increase sensitivity towards differences of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Increase awareness of university culture, resources, and policies regarding the Queer student population.
- Develop a better understanding of heterocentrism, heterosexism, and homophobia.
- Identify ways to combat heterocentrism, heterosexism, and homophobia in their community.
Who Can Become a Friendly Peer? Any UNC Charlotte student can participate and become a Friendly Peer!
Find Friendly Peer Trainings by contacting the Office of Identity, Equity, and Engagement.