The Friendly Peer Training Program is specifically designed for undergraduate students and provides basic information about the Queer community. The goal is for students to walk away with a better understanding of the Queer population, find resources on campus for Queer students, and ultimately to be a better, more friendly peer.
- Increase knowledge of Queer terminology.
- Increase sensitivity towards differences of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Increase awareness of university culture, resources, and policies regarding the Queer student population.
- Develop a better understanding of heterocentrism, heterosexism, and homophobia.
- Identify ways to combat heterocentrism, heterosexism, and homophobia in their community.
Who Can Become a Friendly Peer? Any UNC Charlotte student can participate and become a Friendly Peer!
Find Friendly Peer Trainings on the The Multicultural Resource Center website.